Hello from Eaton Farm! We are in full swing despite the crazy weather – weekly CSA pickups have been happening every Sunday, our freshly painted farmstand is open and running until 7:30 every evening, full of fresh produce, herbs, excellent flavor enhancers from Saltbox Seasonings, and much more! One of our first batches of potatoes was dug up yesterday – look for them soon at the stand. When you do stop by, check out what is inside the shed and perhaps pick up some firewood for these beautiful, cooler evenings!
Coming up in September is Eaton Farm’s 2nd Annual Garlic Bar where we show off the 8+ varieties of garlic grown on the farm. Some of the highlights will include:
- Jams, jellies (Roasted Onion and Garlic, for one!) and other canned products supplied by CT entrepreneur “Crafty Karen”
- Roasted Garlic Cornmeal, Garlic Salts and more from Saltbox Seasonings, featuring our own garlic!
- Hot dogs, Brats and Roasted Corn will be sold by I Want Pig Candy (Facebook) and they will be creating Crazy Garlic Pig Candy using our garlic
- Infused oils, pre-orders for fall Pumpkin Rolls from The Pumpkin Roll Lady
- and much more!
Join us for this celebration of Garlic on
- Friday, September 4 from 3:00 – 7:00PM
- Saturday-Monday (Sept. 5-7) from 11:00AM – 3:00PM
- Sunday, September 13 and 20 from 10:00AM – 2:00PM